What kind of person are we looking for? We are looking for a front end…
What kind of person are we looking for?
Being part of a small team means that you also need to be flexible and innovative.
Together with our CTO, main developer and app developer you will be building new
features and improving our existing application framework and infrastructure.
Example tasks on what you can expect are:
- Build new features for our calendar and booking system
- Set up and automated testing framework
- Extend member and subscription management
- Add new payment methods to our payment integration service
- Refactor outdated libraries in service classes / frameworks
- Extend our messaging framework
- Database optimization
- Create new online financial and marketing reports
- Research and solve bugs
- Set up (internal) marketing and support dashboards
Your focus will be at backend development, but you can also be asked to support
with some basic front-end tasks if needed. Next to developing features, we are
constantly improving our processes and quality controls, and will expect that you
take an active part in that part.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- PHP and understanding of object oriented design and MVC frameworks
- Experience with (virtual) development environments like Vagrant of Docker
Git & Git workflow
- Database design and experience with MySQL
- 3-10 years of experience
- Bachelor or Master in IT or related technical study (like Mathematics, Physics,
- Independent, strong analytic skills, enthusiastic and driven
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud infrastructures
- Expert in PHP frameworks like Laravel or Symphony
- Experience with Unit testing or Continuous integration solutions
- Previously developed financial or administrative systems
- Front-end programming language (Angular)
- Mobile development experience (iOS, Android)
- Active sports practitioner
About our client
Our client is a fast-growing company from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. They provide innovative business software for gyms, yoga teachers, personal trainers and event organizations all over Europe.
They offer an easy accessible, online solution (via web & smartphone app) for
membership administration, planning, reservations, payments, online marketing and
communication. Their solution automates all crucial processes and communication so
these busy small-business owners can focus on training and serving their customers.
Their goal is to turn their main product into a worldwide online sports platform, helping
trainers and organizers to work more efficiently and get more people to participate
in sports. They have a strong growing client base, and a strong roadmap to further
extend their products, and professionalize their technology platform. To make that
happen, they’re looking for a medior to senior PHP Developer to join their team.
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that help Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for an international client. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life whilst enjoying every day you come to our office.
We give you the best working atmosphere possible in one of our Skopje based offices. Working alongside other developers who all have their own client. We have an ocean based setup where everyone works in the same office space. Our HR is solely focussed on making you feel at home at our office and in your job. We help with communication towards the client if needed and advise on salary and other work related subjects. At Personal Programmer you are in good hands and we are looking forward in welcoming you to our family.