What kind of person are we looking for?
Our client is currently seeking a Senior PHP Developer to help shape the development of their engineering team. As a Senior PHP Developer, you will be a key member of their top-shelf engineering team with lots of growth potential. You will be joining a team committed to working on high-quality code and will work closely with the product team to develop new features for their platform.
Slavcho Pavlovski (Started working for this client September 2018) says:
Since joining Personal Programmer I’ve learned many new things working for this client. I’m surrounded by a diverse team; intelligent and friendly people. I have the chance to grow and develop my skills even further. This is exactly the working environment in which people can develop and make a difference!
– Design, estimate, and code new features. This is primarily a coding position.
– Architect new applications, and expand existing ones.
– Collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams at Internet Brands.
– Investigate and fix production issues.
– Define, document, and enforce engineering standards.
– Perform code reviews of your team members’ work.
– Mentor junior engineers.
– Participate in software design discussions.
– Participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings.
– Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality.
– Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
– Identify and fix gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring.
– Continuously improve the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
– In-depth knowledge (4+ years of experience) in LAMP technology
– Technical proficiency required with the following: Linux, Apache/NGINX web servers, PHP, PostgreSQL, MySQL/Maria DB database design/administration.
– Web service integration using technologies such as XML, SOAP, REST.
– AJAX application including parsing and rendering XML and JSON.
– Leadership skills; experience mentoring and leading other developers.
– Experience in full life cycle of software development; requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation.
– Familiarity with process modeling techniques.
– Knowledge of code and release management.
– Strong creative problem-solving ability.
– Experience in creating software architecture documents or other design artifacts.
– Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively with a distributed team (local & offshore).
– BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Nice to have:
– Front-end Technologies: Frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.js; Tools such as Webpack, Yarn,
– Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
– Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations.
– Systems integration.
– Distributed systems.
– Service-oriented architecture.
– Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
– Unit testing.
– Load testing.
– Page load optimization.
– Responsive design.
About our client
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., our client is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Automotive, Health, Legal and Home / Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 100 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence
offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Their powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth.
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for an international client. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life whilst enjoying every day you come to our office.
We give you the best working atmosphere possible in one of our Skopje based offices. Working alongside other developers who all have their own client. We have an ocean-based setup where everyone works in the same office space. Our HR is solely focused on making you feel at home at our office and in your job. We help with communication towards the client if needed and advise on salary and other work-related subjects. At Personal Programmer you are in good hands and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.