Are you a well-versed full stack developer with affinity with PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS and…
[closed] PHP developer for Premier team
About our client:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
What kind of person are we looking for?
Internet Brands is currently seeking a Senior PHP Developer to join our Premier team. As a Senior PHP Developer, you will be a key member of a top-shelf engineering team with lots of growth potential. You’ll work closely with the product team to develop new features for our platform. And you will participate in mentoring team members and setting a high bar for quality.
You will also play a critical role in advancing our platform and expanding its scope. Our team is starting work on a next-generation, enterprise system that will offer fully-automated, fully-integrated solutions for our customers. Here’s your chance to get in at the early stage of an exciting new initiative. If you’ve designed or worked with service-oriented architectures, message queues, or similar, then we’d love to talk to you!
• Design, estimate, and code new features. This is primarily a coding position.
• Architect new applications, and expand existing ones.
• Collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams at Internet Brands.
• Investigate and fix production issues.
• Define, document, and enforce engineering standards.
• Perform code reviews of your team members’ work.
• Mentor junior engineers.
• Participate in software design discussions.
• Participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings.
• Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality.
• Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
• Identify and fix gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring.
• Continuously improve the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
• 5+ years with object-oriented programming in PHP.
• Complex SQL queries and database schema design.
• MVC frameworks (Zend, Symfony).
• Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.
• Consuming and creating web services.
• Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively.
Nice to have:
• Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
• Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations.
• Systems integration.
• Distributed systems.
• Service oriented architecture.
• Other programming languages such as Java, C#, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
• Unit testing.
• Load testing.
• Page load optimization.
• Responsive design.
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.