What kind of person are we looking for? At Propellor we’re building a software-as-a-service platform…
About the Position
We are looking for a skilled and experienced agile tester to help us maintain and improve the quality and stability of our software applications. You will be responsible for testing our web applications as well as mobile apps for Android and iPhone. You will work from Skopje as an integral member of our development Scrum team.
About the Company
Everybody goes out to a restaurant for dinner once in a while. When you do, you might wonder how the menu prices came to be, especially if you think your meal was overpriced. You might also be concerned about the state of hygiene in the kitchen. What about the freshness of the ingredients? And why hasn’t anybody come yet to refill your drink?
These are not only questions and concerns that you may have, but also those of many restaurant owners and chefs. To provide them with the right answer they turn to us: Horeko. We develop innovative software solutions to manage kitchen operations and staff. These solutions are used by hundreds of companies throughout the Netherlands and Belgium, both large and small. We focus on keeping our solutions easy to use, so that every restaurant is a potential customer no matter the size.
With an office in Amersfoort (the Netherlands) consisting of 8 people and a brand new office in Antwerp (Belgium) we are quickly growing and moving forward. Our third office is situated at Personal Programmer, where a team of 5 fulltime developers works constantly to take our solutions to the next level.
As part of our plans for expansion and modernization of our systems, we are working hard to refactor and expand our functionalities. This means a growing need for dedicated quality control. Currently this is a responsibility of our project manager in the Dutch office. He will introduce you in the workings of our system and the existing methods for testing. You will quickly take the lead however and make the job your own. You can always spar with our project manager, who also is an experienced Agile tester.
As an integral part of the Scrum team you will be involved in the full life cycle of software development to make sure our business requirements matches the implementation (acceptance test). You will consult with the Product Owner and Scrum Master situated in Amersfoort and work with the development team how to make changes accordingly. At the same time you will also do regression tests to make sure no existing functionality is affected.
In short: you will be our quality expert.
A challenging fulltime job with a competitive salary. You work within a dynamic, young and growing company with room for personal growth, where initiative is encouraged and your opinion is valued. You will join a pleasant and ambitious environment where you will become an integral part of our company. We provide each team member with a personal education budget to motivate personal growth.
What You Have to Offer
– You are able to talk and write in English fluently
– At least 1 year working experience in a functional testing position
– You have experience with working Agile (preferably Scrum)
– You have basic knowledge of HTML5, CSS and a high level programming language (preferably C#.NET)
– You know how to query databases (T-SQL knowledge preferred)
– Certified Agile Tester certification is a big plus
– Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Bitbucket is a plus
– ISTQB or TMap Next certification is a plus
– Scrum related certifications are a plus
– Experience with Git is a plus
– Test automation experience (like Selenium) is a plus but not required
– Stress resistant and able to respond to change
– Enthusiastic, passionate and proactive
– Quality driven, accurate with eye for detail
– Able and willing to defend your opinion to your peers and managers
– Able to work in a team but also able to work independently
– A fast learner
– Creative, and consistently motivated
Are you interested in this job? Please contact Maja Palchevska.