About the job
Due to our rapid growth we are looking to expand our team with a Back End Developer with affinities to develop as Cloud Engineer/ Architect. There is space for further growth and potential to become Engineering Manager (CTO). The position requires a smart, open minded person, excited about open source technology and brimming with great ideas, enthusiasm and the ability to continuously improve and learn. You will be part of the product team and will work on our cloud infrastructure and microservices in a multi-tenant environment.
We are Propeller
Propeller is changing how B2B commerce is done. From separate worlds, where the sales team and e-commerce are disjoint channels, towards a unified approach that brings together on and offline sales.
Propeller is a software-as-a-service platform designed for B2B and D2C commerce, where you have all the data at your fingertips to drive more revenue, reduce errors to 0% with zero-touch order processes and deliver outstanding customer experiences with personalized customer portals.
Propeller is built on a strong foundation: The team at Propeller has 100+ years of experience in building e-commerce software and projects. And we are growing rapidly!
We are now a 35 member team in four countries, with HQ office being in Amsterdam.
– Able to work in a multidisciplinary team which faces new challenges on a daily basis
– Innovative, thinks big and not afraid to experiment
– Collaborative team player, willing to work with engineers and transfer your knowledge
– Proactive and willing to take initiative
– Super responsible and reliable
– Adaptable/ flexible
What you’ll do:
– Work with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our software
– Design and build out our headless API
– Designing, deploying and managing microservices, using Docker and Kubernetes
– Define, introduce and document best practices and strategies
– Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
– Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for cloud solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
Your competences/ skills:
– 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, Node.js and/ or Java are a plus
– 3+ years of experience with phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) using Agile methods and tools, including Jenkins, Git, SVN, Jira
– Experience with Google Cloud and/ or AWS
– Experience with CI/CD and automated testing
– Hands-on DevOps experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
– Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA) development and designing and implementing RESTful Web services
– Experience with SQL
– Experience with API design concepts
– Experience with GraphQL, Elastic, Kafka/Apache Beam is a plus
– Experience/ familiarity with e-commerce platforms is a plus
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
– Excellent communicative skills
– Good proficiency in English
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.