For one of our biggest clients we are looking for an Online Marketing Manager. With…
What your day could look like?
On Monday morning you walk into the office, you make a good cup of coffee (fresh beans!), and talk with your colleagues about the weekend and you look at the scrum board for the current sprint. You initiate the stand-up and start it enthusiastically: after all, the team is ahead on schedule! After everyone has started you begin with reviewing some pull-requests, you shortly interact with your colleagues about adding some unit tests and make sure the codebase is up to date!
During your lunch break you grab a bite at the office and you play a table tennis or pool game. Afterwards you merrily walk upstairs: time to launch the new release! Since you have automated that last month, it is only a matter of minutes! After some high fives all new features are live and an entire floor of colleagues can get to work more efficiently – they are very grateful!
There is only one issue with the new release, you grab a bottle of coke and find that performance bottleneck in the 15 million rows table. By the end of the day you managed to create a more efficient way for storing and you are able to do some performance tests. That surely looks promising!
Not to forget, at the end of the day we still have the brainstorm session with the project team. They need to launch hundreds of sites per day and would like to automate this process. To end the day in style we go for a beer in the sun (after all, it’s sunny outside), because the best inspiration comes during relaxation. In our opinion, a nice way to end the day!
• Combined 5+ years in Go, PHP, NodeJS, C#, C++ or other widely used backend language
• 5+ years MySQL or equivalent
• RESTful API design
• Database design
• Linux command line
• Unit testing, integration testing, e2e testing
• Source Control (preferably Git)
• Experience with highly scalable/high traffic solutions
• Perfect English skills
Nice to have experience
• Big Data (preferably Google BigQuery)
• 2+ years Go
• Distributed Systems (micro services)
• Modern API frameworks like gRPC or GraphQL
• Graph Databases
• Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Google Cloud Platform
Our ideal co-worker is:
• A communicative personality
• Result oriented
• An efficient worker under rapidly changing conditions
• Eager to learn!
• Accustomed to working in teams