About our team We are a small team, doing big things. Our current team manages…
Due to our client’s continual growth we are looking to expand their team with a Cloud Engineer. The position requires a smart, open minded candidate, excited about open source technology and brimming with great ideas, enthusiasm and the ability to continuously improve and learn. The perfect candidate will be part of the product team. Your main focus is development, but you also play a role in DevOps. You help the organization to fully embrace cloud infrastructure and microservices and work according to continuous integration and continuous delivery best practices. From day one, this person will have a big impact on our client’s overall growth and mission to create the world’s leading B2B e-commerce platform.
About our client
Our clients’s platform, Propellor, is an intelligent, self-managing e-commerce platform that contains a PIM, order and quote editor, marketing automation, dynamic and customer specific pricing, customer experience portals, etc. The software has the ability to integrate, digitize and automate communication with different distributors, ERP systems, marketplaces and payment providers. Propellor’s customers number is exponentially growing, thus opening room to continuously work on improving the platform and the technology making all the magic behind it possible.
Propellor’s 32 member team is dispersed over four countries, with HQ office being in Amsterdam. Part of the engineering team, 10 and counting, are based in Skopje.
Who you are:
– Able to work in a multidisciplinary team which faces new challenges on a daily basis
– Innovative, thinks big and not afraid to experiment
– Collaborative team player, willing to work with engineers and transfer your knowledge
– Proactive and willing to take initiative
– Super responsible and reliable
– Adaptable/ flexible
– Shares our “work hard, play hard” moto
What you’ll do:
– Work with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our software
– Plan integrations and additions across multi-tenant systems (scale cloud services, create workflow processes, assign tenants, etc.)
– Introducing stateless apps and Microservices architecture
– Designing, deploying and managing microservices, using Docker and Kubernetes
– Define, introduce and document best practices and strategies
– Configure, document, optimize, and support infrastructure components
– Create new and extend existing CI/CD pipelines with testing capabilities; create new testing environments in collaboration with QA
– Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
– Implement security measures, scan for vulnerabilities, and provide continuous monitoring and testing across all platforms
– It would be a bonus to be able to educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
– Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for cloud solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
Your competences/ skills:
– 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, Node.js and/ or Java are a plus
– 3+ years of experience as a Cloud/ DevOps engineer
– 3+ years of experience with phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) using Agile methods and tools, including Jenkins, Git, SVN, Jira
– 2+ years experience with Google Cloud and/ or AWS, preferably GCP
– Familiarity with IaC (Terraform, Pulumi)
– Experience with some scripting languages (Bash, Python, Go) and JS/TS
– Experience with creating and maintaining fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment and automated testing with GitLab
– Hands-on DevOps experience with Docker and Kubernetes
– Experience writing stateless applications
– Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA) development and designing and implementing RESTful Web services
– Experience with API design concepts
– Experience with SQL
– Experience with GraphQL, Elastic, Kafka is a plus
– Experience/ familiarity with e-commerce platforms is a plus
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
– Excellent communicative skills
– Good proficiency in English
Working hours and location:
9AM – 5PM, open for flexibility
Skopje office/ remote (especially due to COVID-19)
– Loyalty Plan Program (start your journey as an Adventurous and look forward to the next ranks and rewards)
– Quick and effective recruitment process
– Transparent salary
– Team Building activities
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.