Are you a well-versed full stack developer with affinity with PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS and…
[closed] DevOps Engineer for Mobile Student Engagement Platform
About our client
At Ready Education, we are deeply committed to improving student success and college graduation rates worldwide by crafting digital experiences that build community and increase student engagement. We work over 425 higher education institutions globally, helping them better engage their students, improve the student life experience on their campuses, and ensure that they ultimately provide success for their students.
Tens of thousands of university administrators and millions of students rely on our products to do their work. Ensuring that our systems are highly available, and that our product & engineering teams can iterate rapidly to deliver value are critical to our work of improving student success. So we’re looking for people with a strong background (and interest) in systems and DevOps engineering to help us architect, build, as well as maintain our ever-expanding platform. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be working across our entire technology stack and with all engineering teams to help make our products more reliable and easier to work with than ever before. Your work will not only directly and tangibly impact all engineers on the team, but also the success of millions of students across the world.
What kind of person are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who share our values, who will:
– Put Student Success First: Ready Education exists to improve student success. As a an engineer on the team, you will work to ensure that our product is successfully adopted and utilized by our 425+ campuses, and with every decision, always put the student at the heart
– Accomplish More As a Team: our team here at Ready is made up of passionate, hardworking people who support, care for, and challenge each other to achieve wins together. We learn from each other and embrace creative tension to ensure the best idea wins. We collaborate to solve problems together
– Have a Learning Mentality: we are looking for intellectually curious people who never stop learning and growing and who embrace change, which is essential at a constantly evolving tech company. You will continuously push yourself and others around you to improve and evolve
– Move Fast and Innovate: to be successful at Ready, you will need to be self-motivated and able to work autonomously. You will need to have excellent judgement and decision making skills to solve problems and move forward quickly
In terms of the role and responsibilities, you will:
– Design, build, manage, and improve the core infrastructure used by all of Ready’s engineering teams
– Help debug production issues across various services and levels of stack, and improve the observability and traceability of our systems to make the process more efficient
– Help scrutinize, reason, and drive the technology and architecture choices we make in building our platform
– Work with the other engineers and architects to ensure that the development, testing, and deployment of our technology is as easy and dependable as possible
– Help ensure that the security of our systems is state-of-the-art and exceeds the requirements and expectations of our higher education customers
– Help to continuously improve the team processes of our engineering team
– Have at least 5 years of experience in a DevOps Engineering or Infrastructure Engineering role, with a focus on cloud-hosted microservice-based technologies
– Have a strong systems engineering background and be interested in building durable systems
– Care deeply about the reliability and ease-of-use of infrastructure, and want to empower the rest of the engineering team to do more with less
– Have extensive experience operating within at least one popular cloud hosting provider (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
– Have extensive experience building highly available, secure, and cost-efficient infrastructure that utilize a variety of technologies and data stores, including private cloud networking topologies, load-balanced web applications, Nginx, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
– Have experience administrating and optimizing common databases such as MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, and MongoDB
– Be proficient in Python or a similar scripting language
– Have good writing and verbal communication skills
Nice to haves:
– Experience working with Python web applications
– Experience working in enterprise technology space, with a higher level of compliances on security (e.g. in education or healthcare technology)
– AWS Solutions Architect / DevOps Engineer certification, or similar for other providers
– Experience leading an engineering or DevOps team
– Experience working with a remote or distributed team
Watch a video about Ready Education
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.