Due to our client’s continual growth we are looking to expand their team with a Backend Engineer. The position requires a smart, open-minded candidate, excited about open source technology and brimming with great ideas, enthusiasm and the ability to continuously improve and learn. An ideal candidate is one with hands-on experience in Coldfusion, strong SQL skills, but also has a passion for emerging technologies, as they will be also involved in working with the cloud-native technologies in the client’s software product; understands micro-services. This person has the potential to, alongside the rest of the team, impact our client’s overall growth and mission to create a leading B2B e-commerce platform.
About our client
Our clients’ platform, Propellor, is an intelligent, self-managing e-commerce platform that contains a PIM, order and quote editor, marketing automation, dynamic and customer-specific pricing, customer experience portals, etc. As it is common practice to use multiple channels for purchase and sales processes, this platform has the ability to seamlessly integrate, digitize and automate communication with the most popular distributors, ERP systems, marketplaces and payment providers. Propellor’s customer number is exponentially growing, thus opening room and creating demand to continuously work on improving the platform and the technology making all the magic behind it possible.
Propellor’s 28-member team consisting of various professionals is dispersed over four countries, with HQ office being in Amsterdam. Part of our engineering team, 9 and counting, are based in Skopje, but we also support remote work, especially due to COVID-19.
Who you are:
– Able to work in a multidisciplinary team
– Collaborative team player
– Proactive and willing to take initiative
– Strong & creative problem-solving ability
– Super responsible and reliable
– Adaptable/ flexible
– Shares our “work hard, play hard” moto
What you’ll do:
– Develop features and improvements to the Propellor product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
– Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (Frontend, UX, QA etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
– Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
– Confidently ship features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
– Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
– Mix and match Coldfusion mith micro-service APIs
– Perform root cause analysis and work with the overall project team to resolve issues
– Provide consistent and clear status in verbal and written communications
– Provide recommendations to improve the development process in a proactive manner
Your competences/ skills:
– 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, Node.js and/ or Java are a plus
– 3+ years of experience with Coldfusion
– 3+ years of experience with phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) using Agile methods and tools, including Jenkins, Git, SVN, Jira
– Strong SQL capabilities
– Experience with GraphQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka/Apache Beam is a plus
– Experience/ familiarity with e-commerce platforms is a plus
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
– Excellent communicative skills
– Good proficiency in English
Working hours and location:
– 9AM – 5PM, open for flexibility
– Skopje office/ remote (especially due to COVID-19)
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for an international client. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life whilst enjoying every day you come to our office.
We give you the best working atmosphere possible in one of our Skopje based offices. Working alongside other developers who all have their own client. We have an ocean based setup where everyone works in the same office space. Our HR is solely focussed on making you feel at home at our office and in your job. We help with communication towards the client if needed and advise on salary and other work related subjects. At Personal Programmer you are in good hands and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.