About our client
Internet Brands is an American new media company based in El Segundo, California, United States, that operates online media, community, and e-commerce sites in vertical markets. The company also develops and licenses internet software and social media applications. The consumer internet division owns and operates more than 95 websites in seven categories. The company attracts more than 62 million unique visitors per month, with 97% of the audience originating from organic, non-paid sources.
What kind of person are we looking for?
Los Angeles based, Internet Brands, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior PHP Developer. As a Senior
PHP Developer, you will be a key member of a top-shelf engineering team with lots of growth potential.
You’ll work closely with the product team to develop new features for our platform. And you will
participate in mentoring team members and setting a high bar for quality.
You will also play a critical role in advancing our platform and expanding its scope. Our team is starting work on a next-generation, enterprise system that will offer fully-automated, fully-integrated solutions for our customers. Here’s your chance to get in at the early stage of an exciting new initiative. If you’ve designed or worked with service-oriented architectures, message queues, or similar, then we’d love to talk to you!
Note: Prefer 4 hour overlap with US EST working hours (9a-6p)
– Code, troubleshot, test, and maintain new platform build-out in PHP to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
– Contribute in all phases of the development cycle, including input on feature development and process improvement
– Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tool if necessary.
– Optimize consumer interaction and drive consumer response.
– Maintain understanding of current web technologies and programming practices.
– In depth knowledge (4+ years of experience) in LAMP technology.
– Hands on experience with Laravel in a professional setting
– Experience with a corporate application is a huge plus
– Strong creative problem-solving ability.
– Technical proficiency required with the following: Linux, Apache/NGINX web servers, PHP, PostgreSQL, MySQL/Maria DB database design/administration.
– Web service integration using technologies such as REST, XML, SOAP.
– AJAX application including parsing and rendering JSON and XML.
– Leadership skills; experience mentoring and leading other developers.
– Experience in full life cycle of software development; requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation.
– Familiarity with process modeling techniques.
– Knowledge of code and release management.
– Experience in creating software architecture documents or other design artifacts.
– BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.