About our client: Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online…
About our client:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
What kind of person are we looking for?
Internet Brands is currently seeking a Shopify developer to join the ecommerce team. We are part of a growing organization with plenty of new product initiatives in 2022. You will be encouraged to take ownership of systems and will have an opportunity to grow with it. You will work with talented professionals across various departments, have visibility into the performance of the store and avenues to contribute ideas and solutions beyond development. This opportunity is excellent for candidates interested in developing a long-term career in ecommerce.
– Help with building out world class ecommerce experiences on Shopify Plus.
– Designing and building Storefront, applications using Shopify data and integrations with third parties.
– Adopt CI/CD, write unit/integration tests and follow best practices.
– Participate in code reviews, mentor beginners, and be willing to go the extra mile
– Identify and fix gaps in system reliability, leverage logging and monitoring tools to set up resilient systems
– Continuously improve the system by identifying new developments and features to enhance user experience and benefit the business.
An excellent candidate would check most of these boxes
– Has experience launching and managing ecommerce stores, specifically Shopify.
– Strong foundational knowledge of web technologies and infrastructure with an understanding of modern tools and frameworks.
– Has a good understanding of web performance and security.
– Has experience building APIs using frameworks such as Laravel, using messaging systems such as Kafka, Rabbit etc.
– At ease with building complex SQL queries and database schema design.
– Has strong views backed by good research while also having the ability disagree and commit
– Creative problem solver and takes ownership for systems, initiatives issues etc.
– Understanding of various programming models – Object oriented, functional etc and be able to select
Nice to have
– Experience with React and Tailwind are a plus.
– Prior experience with Magento 1.x is a plus.
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.