About our client Our client is a pioneering and fast-growing technology start-up company with offices…
Keeping our core systems running smoothly and at the same time implement improvements and
new features, is extremely important, and requires a unique mix of software development and
operational expertise. As a Back-end Developer you will primarily be involved in application
development, but will also assist the support-desk occasionally and participate in managing,
monitoring and improving the overall IT infrastructure.
• In cooperation with product management you will architect, design and implement new
software and improve the existing core systems
• You will design, build, monitor (reliability, performance) and maintain the platform upon
which all the applications run
• Analyse and fix 2nd line support issues in case of bugs or software-failures
• Expect to closely collaborate with the front-end developer in product development
• Development expertise in Java, Spring, J2EE, Hibernate
• Experience or good knowledge of Junit, Maven, Git and CI
• Experience with MySQL, Linux, Bash, Nginx, Apache (Postfix)
• Result-driven, highly organized and flexible
• Excellent communication skills (speaking, writing) and fluent in English
• Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent Information Technology
What we offer
• A chance to shape and optimize tools that are used by tens of thousands of people every day
• A long-term professional relationship with room for initiative and growth
• A wide and diverse range of activities – never a dull moment
• Generous vacation and holidays and financial rewards
• Being part of an incredible team of fun, bright co-workers based in Amsterdam
The client is a Dutch company offering e-marketing, CRM, and payment services to entrepreneurs and businesses within The Netherlands and Belgium. It’s a small company of 5 people, founded in 2003 and growing steadily thereafter.
The aim for the coming years is to further expand and renew the product offering in order to enlargethe customer base. The company is currently organizing feedback sessions with customers to validate and augment their list of new features. One of the plans for 2015 and 2016 is to do a full rebuild of the shoppingcart environment.
Software development and Operations has been done by the company’s owner and his colleague, but they are seeking assistence in backend and frontend software development, operational services (maintaining the IT infrastructure) and 2nd level support (bug fixing and customer care).
As a small company, new employees can really contribute in shaping it’s future, so applicants should not only have the required technical knowledge but are encouraged to think and act like entrepreneurs as well!
Autorespond (www.autorespond.nl) is the flagship product of the client. The SaaS (software as a service) product enables customers to:
• perform email marketing (design subscription forms, create and schedule newsletters)
• automatic sending of e-mail series after form submission of site visitors
• sell products and services on line and handling the payment
• automate billing and creation and handling of invoices
• perform CRM (customer relations management)
• use an affiliate system
The product is mainly used by Dutch customers but the company is investigating opportunities to offer (part of the) product features to customers abroad.
Are you interested in this job? Please contact Maja Palchevska.