Headquartered in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada our client is a cloud services provider that works hand-in-hand with companies to help them choose the right products, optimize day-to-day operations, prevent unnecessary headaches, and accelerate growth. Their mission is simple: combine proven expertise with a genuine human approach to provide solutions tailored to their clients needs, no matter the organization’s size.
Here's what we do and why we do it
Simply put, we will work together to simplify businesses’ IT with cloud technology so they can focus on what really matters, making people’s lives better. Discover how we do that here: www.sherweb.com/about/
Here's how you will contribute to the success of the company
Our team goal is to develop useful products so people can work better. You will contribute to this objective by analyzing the various needs of Sherweb regarding its applications developed by the team of programmer-analysts. You will be responsible for writing user stories, analyzing acceptance criteria and writing functional cases when necessary. You will work closely with our teams of developers.
Here's what your day-to-day will look like in this role
- Understand current development team’s development lifecycle, system architecture and systemic issues that could affect the quality of our products.
- Identify and prioritize improvement opportunities of our testing practices.
- Develop, integrate, configure and support test automation systems and promote their usage in development teams.
- Investigate advanced issues with developers, understanding at the same time their daily reality.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and best practices in software quality and automation.
- With the agile teams, identify key quality indicators and equip them to become autonomous at monitoring and improving those indicators.
Here's what you need to have and know to get this job
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience in software development
- 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated success in the transformation, implementation and programming of automated business testing.
- Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of test automation software in context continuous integration.
- Vision and desire to innovate in a growing business environment.
- Ability to influence to transform the ways of doing things within a team in place and ability to lead.
Benefits of working at Sherweb
Sherweb is, above all, an environment where the needs of our customers are at the heart of our actions. We are committed to living our values of passion, teamwork and integrity every day.
A fast-paced work environment that adapts to you
- A friendly and diverse work culture with inclusion and equality at heart of our actions
- Beautiful offices for meetups and collaborative work (Sherbrooke and downtown Montréal)
- State-of-the art technology and tools
- A results-oriented culture where talent, action, and thinking outside the box are given due recognition
- Annual salary review based on performance
Considerable growth opportunities
- A career path with opportunities to learn and grow
- Proximity to your direct manager and open, honest communication to support your development
- Multiple initial and on-the-job training opportunities and tools to track your progress and help you scale up in your career
Last but not least: “Sherweblife” – a rich calendar of activities that allow us to gather virtually and face-to-face throughout the year
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your professional life and career, while enjoying every working day.
At Personal Programmer we encourage a hybrid way of working where we balance remote work with working from the office. We allow every developer to make the choice where and when they want to work. On our side we provide you with everything you need or expect from an office: a completely renovated, modern office in a central location, with multiple conference rooms, privacy for concentration during work and a whole floor dedicated to relaxing and enjoying time together.
We are, and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment. We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client. Great benefits, including a loyalty plan and team buildings, are also included to make sure people stay connected and involved.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcome you to our family.