Important: this role desires the engineer to work different working hours to align with Canadian Time. Working hours would be: 2.00 PM till 10.00 PM.
About The Role
- Implement and support modern solutions propelling technological transition and accelerating development processes (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, Terraform, Ansible, Bash, ArgoCD, Git, etc.)
- Collaborate with the operations department to diagnose and resolve problems related to infrastructure, networks and the configuration of our application development and environments
- Detect potential improvements in the SDLC and propose strategies to implement them
- Facilitate and promote a culture of observability (DataDog, Mend, SonarQube, Trivy, etc.)
- Maintain and improve CI pipelines (Azure Pipeline, Octopus, GitHub, etc.)
- Configure and support virtual Microsoft and Linux Environments
- Create and assess new infrastructure elements for developers (RabbitMQ, Redis, MongoDb, SQL Server, Istio, etc.)
- Automate weekly and recursive tasks (PowerShell, Bash, DevSpace, Python, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development and systems management
- Mastery of DevOps culture and CNCF tools
- College or university diploma in computer science or any equivalent training
- Available for on-call rotation.
About The Client
Headquartered in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada our client is a cloud services provider that works hand-in-hand with companies to help them choose the right products, optimize day-to-day operations, prevent unnecessary headaches, and accelerate growth. Their mission is simple: combine proven expertise with a genuine human approach to provide solutions tailored to their clients needs, no matter the organization’s size.
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.