What kind of person are we looking for? At Propellor we’re building a software-as-a-service platform…
About the client
Avvo is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. The legal industry is complicated and intimidating. Avvo is making it easier for people to get quality legal help. Every 5 seconds someone uses Avvo. We’re looking for great Full-Stack Software Developers to help us connect people with the legal help they need.
About the Position
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will help your team solve customer problems and ship clean, maintainable code. In addition to shared backend services and front-end interfaces, you’ll
contribute to our common libraries. You’ll focus on the full depth of our software stack, while also growing your technical breadth.
What kind of person are we looking for?
● You have 5 or more years of experience developing web apps in Ruby/Rails
● You have been the primary owner/developer of several components or features
● You have strong development principles, including experience with testing and TDD, object-oriented design, and higher-level system design
● You want to grow, and you’re constantly finding small ways to improve all the work you and your teammates do.
● You are passionate about building using Agile and Lean methodologies.
● Excellent communication skills. (Seriously! We’re not just saying that. As a remote developer, your ability to communicate clearly in speaking and writing with your team members and other stakeholders is critical to being successful in your position.)
Ideally, you’d have
● You’ve contributed to or maintained open-source projects (Send us your GitHub profile!)
● You have experience transforming large Rails apps into a service-oriented or microservice architecture
● You have a passion for quality. You take pride in keeping your bug count low and your code quality high
About the team
● We mostly run Ruby on Rails, and have brought in technologies like Elixir
● We’re open to using the right technologies for what we build
● We iterate quickly and ship multiple times a day
● We’re running an entirely dockerized deployment system, and we’re always making improvements to help our teams ship safer, and more quickly.
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that help Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for an international client. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life whilst enjoying every day you come to our office.
We give you the best working atmosphere possible in one of our Skopje based offices. Working alongside other developers who all have their own client. We have an ocean based setup where everyone works in the same office space. Our HR is solely focused on making you feel at home at our office and in your job. We help with communication towards the client if needed and advise on salary and other work related subjects. At Personal Programmer you are in good hands and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.