About our client Our client is a pioneering and fast-growing technology start-up company with offices…
About our client:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
About the Position:
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Engineer who will focus on enhancing the performance and reliability of our cutting-edge application environment with their knowledge of Linux server environments, Docker, and microservice best practices.
The responsibilities of this role include:
– Writing code and building tools, mostly in Ruby but also in Bash and other languages, that support our entire development team.
– Constantly improving our development and production deployment processes.
– Ensuring up-time for core infrastructure services such as Docker container servers, databases, and continuous deployment tools in testing and production environments.
– Helping provide on-call coverage for nights and weekends to ensure 24 hour support for infrastructure issues and problems.
– Configuring and administering Kubernetes clusters.
To be successful in this position, you must have:
– Skills and experience troubleshooting large, complex systems
– Intermediate to senior experience as a developer
– Experience collaborating closely with operations teams, network engineers, and business stakeholders.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Experience administering Linux Servers in production.
– Experience running Docker in production.
– Familiarity with bash scripting.
Ideally you’d also have:
– Experience configuring and administering Kubernetes clusters, especially in production.
– Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or another MVC framework.
– Familiarity with Python, Elixir and Rust
– Experience with CircleCI.
– Experience with JFrog Artifactory.
– Experience with Amazon Web Services.
– Knowledge of any of Solr, Redis, Elasticsearch, My SQL, Kafka, Consul. Vault, Terraform and Packer.
– Familiarity with Phoenix (the Elixir framework).
– Experience with orchestration systems such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
About the team:
– All of the teams at Avvo iterate quickly and ship multiple times a day.
– We’re running an entirely dockerized deployment system, and we’re always making improvements to help our teams ship safer, and more quickly.
– We mostly run Ruby on Rails, and have brought in technologies like Elixir, Node, and Rust.
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.