About our client
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
What are they looking for?
Internet Brands is currently seeking a Senior Backend Web Developer to help guide the development of our SMB engineering team. As a Senior Backend Web Developer, you will be a key member of our crazy smart engineering team. You will be joining a team committed to working on high quality code and you will work closely with the product and project teams to port old, and develop new, features for our newest platform, and act as a hub for many of the related business units.
– Technical proficiency required with several of the following: Linux, Apache/expressJS Servers, K8s, PHP, NodeJS, Docker, PgSQL, MySQL, DB query/design/administration, ELK, Grafana, Git-Flow, CI/CD, HELM
– In depth knowledge (6+ total years) in LAMP and/or MEAN
– Consumption of RESTful JSON API’s, and creation of the same.
– Leadership skills; experience mentoring and leading other developers in doing what’s right.
– Experience with the full software development life cycle; requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation.
– Knowledge of standard processes for: release management, continuous deployment, microservices deployment, or container deployments in any k8s environment
– Strong outside the box problem-solving abilities
– Experience in creating excellent software including documentation and other development/design artifacts
– Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively with a fully remote team (US & Offshore)
– BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
Nice to have:
– Tools such as NPM, composer, Yarn.
– Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
– Collaborating with distributed engineering teams.
– Ticket Tracking (JIRA, Trello, etc)
– Development Automation tools
– Systems integration
– Service Oriented Architecture / Microservice Architecture
– Unit testing
– Load testing
– Application Performance Optimization (Page Load, memory, cpu, and I/O wait)
– Front-end Technologies: Frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.js;
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for an international client. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life whilst enjoying every day you come to our office.
We give you the best working atmosphere possible in one of our Skopje based offices. Working alongside other developers who all have their own client. We have an ocean-based setup where everyone works in the same office space. Our HR is solely focused on making you feel at home at our office and in your job. We help with communication towards the client if needed and advise on salary and other work-related subjects. At Personal Programmer you are in good hands and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.