For one of our biggest clients we are looking for an Online Marketing Manager. With…
About our client
Staff Me Up, the leading hiring platform for media production, is a profitable entertainment tech company on a mission to transform the way production works. Staffmeup.com connects over 300,000 media production professionals to employment and networking opportunities for TV, Film, Digital, Media & Entertainment.
Our top priority is to ship new front-end capabilities as a priority over back-end renovation. We’ll be leaving the existing PHP back-end in place for now. The goal here is to build out the new capabilities using the new front-end and then eventually migrate the remainder of the site as a follow-on. We have a Kotlin (Java) back-end in place that is serving as an initial scaffolding for this work, and we are using GraphQL as the primary interface. The F/E developer will own the front-end framework, and crank out elegant, pretty, conforming code.
About the role
Staff Me Up seeks an experienced, self-motivated front-end developer to lead the delivery of our next-generation front-end. The successful candidate is a web technology black-belt who can turn complex UI designs into delightful, interactive web experiences. You’ll work closely with the back-end Engineers to design the client-server interaction and data models. This is an early-stage startup and you’ll be working with a small, world-class team.
• Responsible for developing the presentation tier of a large-scale site for media production hiring management and workflow
• Convert IA/UI layouts to fully-functional web experiences
• Integrate site-level features with dynamic services on the back-end
• Work closely with the server-side team to architect appropriate solutions including REST interaction patterns and supporting data models
• Optimize and tune the experience for optimal performance and user experience
• Ensure browser compatibility and responsive design across the supported platforms
• Quickly resolve production issues and defects as they arise
• You’re a black belt with web-technologies including React, XHTML, CSS, DOM, AJAX, etc.
• BS degree in CS or equivalent experience
• Solid experience delivering rich, complex user experiences over the web
• 3+ years developing complex React-based web experiences
• 3+ years of CSS including complex uses, multiple layers, rule prioritization, and responsive design
• Experience using AJAX to deliver interactive, in-page features
• Able to work independently, on accelerated deadlines, without sacrificing quality or consistency
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Overview of Frontend Technologies
Headless CMS — which one is TBD
Overview of Backend Technologies
Kotlin (JavaVM-based language) application server
Primary interface is GraphQL
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for an international client. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life whilst enjoying every day you come to our office.
We give you the best working atmosphere possible in one of our Skopje based offices. Working alongside other developers who all have their own client. We have an ocean-based setup where everyone works in the same office space. Our HR is solely focused on making you feel at home at our office and in your job. We help with communication towards the client if needed and advise on salary and other work-related subjects. At Personal Programmer you are in good hands and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.