What does a Product Support Specialist do? You put our GoBright platform in the spotlight,…
[closed] Infrastructure Specialist for Canadian client
About our client
Headquartered in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada our client is a cloud services provider that works hand-in-hand with companies to help them choose the right products, optimize day-to-day operations, prevent unnecessary headaches, and accelerate growth. Their mission is simple: combine proven expertise with a genuine human approach to provide solutions tailored to their clients needs, no matter the organization’s size.
For their Cloud Infrastructure and Operation Team we are currently looking for an experienced Infrastructure Specialist, who will be reporting to the Manager of Cloud Infrastructure Services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
The responsibilities of the Senior Infrastructure Specialist include, but not limited to, the following:
– Support infrastructure technologies and services, following operational and security best practices.
– Implement network infrastructure including all LAN/WAN equipment, server infrastructure (including software and services) and storage in a hybrid-cloud environment.
– Maintain the security, backup, and recovery strategies.
– Automate systems to improve efficiency and lower the human intervention time.
– Monitor and enhance the capacity and performance of the Sherweb infrastructure.
– Create and/or maintain documentation which includes build books, operating and maintenance procedures.
– Interact professionally with all levels of staff with your excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Provide 3rd level support, liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
How do I qualify?
The successful candidate will have:
– 2 to 3 years of demonstrated working experience and knowledge in
o Windows Servers and related services including AD, GPO, DHCP, DNS, Hyper-V, Microsoft System Center, Microsoft 365
o Vmware Vsphere 6.7 and 7.0 and related software: vCloud Director, NSX-V and NSX-T, vRealize Log Insight, vRealize Operations
o Veeam Cloud Connect, Veeam Backup & Replication
o Cloud foundational components such as identity and access management (IAM), software defined networking, security, governance, and compliance
o LAN/WAN technology and protocols, including routers, switches, firewalls, and proxy servers.
o Blade servers, SAN, and Fiber Channel switches
– Hands-on experience to configure, test, and deploy enterprise and multi-cloud infrastructure.
– Proven scripting experience for automating repetitive manual operations.
– Technical experience in a major public cloud platform using Infrastructure-as-Code, with Microsoft Azure experience being a plus.
– Experience in cloud automation, orchestration, and monitoring tools and techniques.
– DevOps experience is a definite asset.
– Intermediate to advanced knowledge in cybersecurity.
– Solid understanding of product management, agile principles, and development methodologies.
– Exceptionally strong problem-solving skills to research, recommend, pilot, and implement solutions.
– Sense of urgency for resolving issues.
– Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff, business partners, and vendors.
– Flexible self-starter with ability to reprioritize work to adjust to needs of the team.
– Ability to provide support on a flexible schedule when needed.
– Current certification in related technologies would be a definite asset.
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.