About our client: Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online…
About our client
Internet Brands is an American new media company based in El Segundo, California, United States, that operates online media, community, and e-commerce sites in vertical markets. The company also develops and licenses internet software and social media applications. The consumer internet division owns and operates more than 95 websites in seven categories. The company attracts more than 62 million unique visitors per month, with 97% of the audience originating from organic, non-paid sources.
What kind of person are we looking for?
We are looking for PHP Developers for one of our biggest clients. Please take a look below for the responsibilities you’ll have and the requirements you’ll need!
– Design, estimate, and code new features. This is primarily a coding position.
– Architect new applications, and expand existing ones.
– Collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams at Internet Brands.
– Define, document, and enforce engineering standards.
– Perform code reviews of your team member’s work.
– Mentor junior engineers.
– Participate in software design discussions.
– Participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings.
– Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality.
– Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
– Identify and fix gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring.
– Continuously improve the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
– BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
– 3+ years with object-oriented programming in PHP.
– Complex SQL queries and database schema design.
– Experience with modern server components (Memcache, Redis, ActiveMQ, Solr).
– MVC frameworks (Laravel, Zend, Yii etc.).
– Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.
– Knowledge of consuming and creating web services.
– Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection and XSS.
– Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively.
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.