About our client:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
About the Position:
Internet Brands is currently seeking a Senior Backend Web Developer to help shape the development of our engineering team. As a Senior Backend Web Developer, you will be a key member of our top-shelf engineering team with lots of growth potential. You will be joining a team committed to working on high quality code and will work closely with the product team to develop new features for our platform.
– In depth knowledge (4+ years of experience) in LAMP technology.
– Technical proficiency required with the following: Linux, Apache/NGINX web servers, K8s, PHP, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, MySQL/Maria DB database design/administration.
– Web service integration using technologies such as REST, XML.
– AJAX application including parsing and rendering JSON and XML.
– Leadership skills; experience mentoring and leading other developers.
– Experience with the full software development life cycle; requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation.
– Familiarity with process modeling techniques.
– Knowledge of code and release management.
– Strong creative problem-solving ability.
– Experience in creating software architecture documents or other design artifacts.
– Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively with a distributed team (local & offshore).
– BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Nice to have:
– Front-end Technologies: Frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.js; Tools such as Webpack, Yarn, Gulp.
– Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
– Collaborating with distributed engineering teams.
– Systems integration.
– Distributed systems.
– Service oriented architecture / microservices.
– Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
– Unit testing.
– Load testing.
– Page load optimization.
– Responsive design.
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.