About our client Our client is a pioneering and fast-growing technology start-up company with offices…
Quality is not an act, it is a habit, you want to prove it!? We have an excellent opportunity for you! Join the amazing Propellor team and make a difference in the quality and reliability of our product.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail, investigative spirit and excellent communication skills. You will be responsible for introducing automated testing to our product and our organization.
If you are competent in setting up automated testing in a cloud-based CI /CD environment and are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you.
About our client
Our clients’ platform, Propellor, is an intelligent, self-managing e-commerce platform that contains a PIM, order and quote editor, marketing automation, dynamic and customer-specific pricing, customer experience portals, etc. As it is common practice to use multiple channels for purchase and sales processes, this platform has the ability to seamlessly integrate, digitize and automate communication with the most popular distributors, ERP systems, marketplaces and payment providers. Propellor’s customer number is exponentially growing, thus opening room and creating demand to continuously work on improving the platform and the technology making all the magic behind it possible.
Propellor’s 28-member team consisting of various professionals is dispersed over four countries, with HQ office being in Amsterdam. Part of our engineering team, 9 and counting, are based in Skopje, but we also support remote work, especially due to COVID-19.
Who you are:
– Able to work in a multidisciplinary team
– Collaborative team player, willing to work with engineers
– Proactive and willing to take initiative
– Super responsible and reliable
– Adaptable/ flexible
– Shares our “work hard, play hard” moto
What you’ll do:
– Introduce automated testing in our CI / CD pipelines
– Help adapt processes in the organization which are affected by introducing automated testing
– Write, design, and execute automated tests by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically of our web application, in particular UI, functional, API, End-to-End, and regression tests.
– Execute automated testing to maximize test coverage for the most critical features of the system for backend and frontend testing, log and document bugs in the tracking system
– Perform root cause analysis and work with the overall project team to resolve issues
– Review and analyze documentation, understand the business requirements
– Review software requirements and help improve them
– Write documentation for automated processes including test plans, test procedures, and test cases
– Mentor manual QA engineers in our team and help them become familiar with automated testing
– Work closely with developers to effectively find the cause of the defect and ideally an idea towards the solution
– Work together with other QA engineers to validate requirements and develop effective strategies and test plans
– Escalate issues that may affect project deliverables or quality as needed
– Provide consistent and clear status in verbal and written communications
– Provide recommendations to improve the development process in a proactive manner
Your competencies/ skills:
– 5+ years of experience in software testing
– 3+ years of work experience in QA Automation Engineering
– Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium and standard test frameworks & tool chains
– Experience with for example Swagger.io, Postman, JMeter, and Robot framework
– Experience working with Gitlab or other CI / CD environments
– Strong knowledge of QA Automation methodologies, tools, and processes
– Knowledge of scripting or programming languages that are used for QA automation
– Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
– Ability to understand business processes, especially e-commerce processes
– Experience using SQL to test data quality
– Excellent analytical skills
– Passion for creating great products and solving unique problems
– Active experience in Agile (SCRUM) development/ delivery process
– Active experience with issue tracking tools like Jira
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
– Excellent written and spoken English skills
– Excellent communicative skills
Working hours and location:
– 9AM – 5PM, open for flexibility
– Skopje office/ remote (especially due to COVID-19)
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.