Internet Brands develops and maintains an application deployment system which allows microservice-architecture applications to be deployed easily on Kubernetes. An integral part of onboarding business units into this deployment system is converting all of their existing applications, databases, and supporting services from bare-metal/VM deployments to containers. We are looking for capable Software Engineers to join our team!
About The Role
- You’ll be a member of a small team of developers working in an Agile setting.
- The team’s primary responsibility is applying 12-factor principles to existing applications, and deploying them to Kubernetes.
- The language, code quality, availability of tests, and level of active development varies between business units and applications. In this role, you will see many applications and go down some very interesting rabbit holes in order to find the best way to containerize and migrate the applications.
- The team’s working hours are centered around GMT+1, but the team supports business units in the Americas – primarily between GMT-4 and GMT-8. As a result, sometimes you will need to shift your schedule to accommodate meetings with members of the business units you work with.
- Because of the number of “moving parts” involved, communication and good planning are paramount.
- You’ll look for and take opportunities to help the team become stronger and more experienced.
- Above all else, you’re a developer. You love code and coding.
- You work well with others, and support your teammates to ensure that the team achieves its shared goals.
- You are able to work independently and have good attention to detail.
- You love to talk about the nuances and trade-offs of implementation approaches, but you’re also result-oriented and know how to avoid “analysis paralysis”
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least two web programming languages (e.g., Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, Go), ideally with exposure to application frameworks such as Laravel, Spring Boot, Rails, Django, etc.
- Good understanding of Linux environments, including scripting and automation tools.
- Experience with Docker for containerization of applications.
- Demonstrated experience with CI/CD pipelines, including setup, maintenance, and optimization.
- Solid knowledge of Kubernetes for orchestrating containerized applications.
About The Client
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.
Please note that we will only reply to the applicants with suitable experience.
The information given would be used for recruitment purposes and by submitting, you consent to have your personal details used to process the job application. We will treat the information with strict confidence.