What kind of person are we looking for?
As a Senior Android Developer you will work closely with a group of developers, product managers and designers to work on our wide variety of mobile applications. A Senior Android Developer will be expected to help contribute to multiple projects from start to finish. As a member of our mobile team you will also be expected to know the latest trends in mobile and must be able to demonstrate new technologies to the team.
- Design and implement mobile solutions making appropriate use of software design patterns and best practices.
- Estimate tasks to help with planning.
- Research and resolve client reported issues.
- Write unit tests, integration, UI automation, and other tests to help continuously test and maintain the quality of our apps.
- Review project requirements and define acceptance criteria with the team.
- Contribute to a SCRUM based agile team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives.
- 6 + years’ experience in Information Technology, at least 4 of which are in Mobile Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or at least 3 years additional experience in Information Technology.
- Must have at least one app published in Google Play app store. App must have server side interactions. (NOTE: If you do not have a published app you must be able to demonstrate and explain Android code).
- Must have an understanding of major Android Design & Development paradigms spanning User Experience (native and webviews), data ingestion, analytics, webservices etc.
- Demonstrable understanding of application of Material Design Guidelines.
- Experience writing multi-threaded apps.
- Demonstrated skills in writing and testing (unit, automation, integration) high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code.
- Experience with JSON and XML.
- Experience with version control – Git preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, business management, time management and developmental skills.
- Ability to communicate with other employees in the company in both technical and non-technical roles.
- Experience with Kotlin.
What do we offer
– A good salary, based on your experience;
– A diverse and friendly team, all equally driven to make the platform an (even greater) success;
– Plenty of room for personal development and own initiative to fill this position as successfully as possible;
About Personal Programmer
We are a nearshoring company that helps Macedonian developers to find their dream job working for international companies. A job where you can grow as a developer, and get the most out of your working life and career whilst enjoying every day you come to Personal Programmer’s office.
However, for the time being, due to the COVID-situation, we allow every developer to choose if they want to come to the office or work remotely. Your health is most important in these times and for us, it is only natural that you be the one that makes the decisions about the office choice. We are and have always been, a very transparent company where our developers have a lot to say. We listen. We believe in the positive effect of a long-term cooperation which, along with transparency, are crucial for a successful and satisfying working environment.
We do everything in our power to make your job as fulfilling as possible. We provide great equipment and working stations, advice about work-related subjects and about your salary, which you may discuss openly with your client.
At Personal Programmer you are in an ever-evolving team and we are looking forward to welcoming you to our family.